Progress Update 3

 I think I've begun to nail down exactly what I want this piece to depict. While I knew I wanted to focus on the positives of the digital space and I think I've narrowed it down to the individual connections and validation that occurs online. When I was looking for references and things to include within my post, I found myself looking at encouraging text messages and I found one that just said "You're the reason for my smile." Something so simple and yet so beautiful and impactful communicated online. I want to find more instances of that in which the little things in a text or in an image bring people a little bit of joy each day. Its still not something I have entirely resolved but something I want to continue considering and figuring out how to introduce into my piece.

While I continue thinking about the meaning of my image, I have continued working on the glitch effect and I think I am getting a bit closer to my desired effect. I explored. shifting certain pixels with the Rectangular Marquee tool and playing around with different color blend modes. I also found a few tutorials on achieving a glitch appearance in Photoshop that I plan to watch and see if I can find more ideas for achieving the glitch effect. While my initial idea has somewhat shifted, I do want to maintain the concept of the glitch and distorted image. While there are a lot of positives to the internet and the digital space, I think there are some ways in which there's a distance and a distortion that can occur. I think including the glitch effect not only emphasizes the image as being about the digital space but I think it adds an additional layer about online information vs in person interaction and how something things can be both lost and gained but also twisted and altered. 






Comments