Progress Update 1

In the past year I have found myself watching and consuming more digital media, especially in the form of television shows and movies. In many ways, these forms of medias provide an escape and create worlds similar to those often thought of in association with fantasy books. As I was considering this, I was reminded of the images of books that show the worlds in which they depict (see bottom of post for reference). I think it would be interesting to take this idea but with a phone and potentially explore the positive role of social media and the internet in bringing people together and providing entertainment in an age in which face-to-face contact is limited. I plan to use a combination of my own photos and graphics as well as some found images from the internet. So far I have a quick sketch of representational potential ideas of things to explore. I like this angle of the phone but am still working on what I might include within this phone world.


Comments

  1. Hi Camdyn, wow! This is such a visually rich and interesting idea. I think you can do a lot with this. Looking at your sketch, I'm already seeing a lot of potential. I'm curious about the sort-of cloud/bubble line and how you could create contrast and depth here, almost as if the things coming out of the phone are in there own little world-- like you mentioned! I'm excited to see you add color and other elements to the mix. Maybe even think about ways to show texture and line variation. I can't wait to see your progress!! Good luck wrapping up the end of the semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate this concept in such a time of distance, even now when the pandemic is not yet over. Highlighting social media and online platforms in a positive light seems like a beneficial way reflect over the past year. The sketch you've provided already portrays elements of joy and exuberance. I'm excited to see how your project develops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment