Process Update 5

I've continued to further develop my tunnel image. While I initially liked the idea of including a second image of just the future, I have found that due to the time restraints and my multiple attempts that did not spark joy, I think I want to focus on improving the quality of my initial idea of the tunnel, which I have been more inspired by and more engaged with the process of creating it.






I focused on responding to some of the feedback from critique. For example, I improved the motion blur and added some clarity to the figures. I also worked more on the shadows and tried to paint in areas that made the image feel realistic in terms of both the size and scale of the objects. I played around with the photo of the city to make its color palette better suit the cyans and magentas I chose to use in the tunnel. I also adjusted the photo to make it appear more futuristic by adding glass orbs using masking and trying various blend modes. 

As I was working on this image, I found the meaning changing slightly. I think I've found it to be a commentary of both past and future as well as nature and technology. In representing the past, I found my self gravitating towards nature and elements like butterflies which contrasts greatly to the flying drones. Overall, I think I am very happy with this version of the image and think it works well on its own even without the accompaniment of an additional image. 


Comments